dancing on the ledge

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

True North

The past few weeks I've been feeling a bit... dare I say it?... ok, fine, here we go... lost.

It's the feeling that I'm adrift in a vast ocean, and the stars are just NOT THERE so I can't get my bearings. (Disclaimer: don't worry, this is just a fluke, I'm not going to turn this blog into a weekly sobfest. I'm just feeling a bit low today.)

To those of you I run to regularly to vent my frustrations and seek solace from: super super thank you, I really don't know what I'd do without you. (And you all know who you are.)

I wrote this two years ago to mark my thirtieth birthday. I trust that reading this regularly in the next few days will help me make sense of things.


CREDO

This is what I believe.

I believe in working hard, in pushing myself to the limit, in being efficient, and in doing my best possible work under any given circumstance.

I believe in the spirit of community, in striving for the collective good, in giving back, and in dedicating my life and my energies to changing the world.

I believe that I can do absolutely anything that I set my mind to.

I believe in seizing the day, living with passion, dancing like no one is watching, and every other cliché about life being short, doing what you want to do, and dying with no regrets.

I believe that the only life worth living is one of high honor and uncompromising integrity.

I believe in family, and in friendship, in looking out for each other, in laughing and crying together, in journeying together.

I believe in magic, and soul, and romance, and the inner life, and the poetry of the day-to-day.

I believe that there is someone out there for whom I will be a home, and in whom I will find my home. I believe that each of us has his One True Love.

I believe that there are no accidents. I believe that everything that happens in our lives happens for a reason. I believe in God.

Life is unfair. Things very seldom go one’s way. One will, on more occasions than is probably necessary, have one’s heart broken into a thousand pieces. But things will always work out in the end. To be cynical is to be cowardly; to hope is to be heroic. I believe in happy endings.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home